Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Author! Author!


My second book, To Fill A Home, is now published.  I'm an author!   What an awesome title:  Author!  It still seems that should mean someone else.  All I can say is that I wrote the words, but Someone else inspired them.

Is that the way most authors feel?  They penned (typed) the words, but the inspiration came from outside themselves?  I can attest to that on many of the pages of my two novels.

Have you ever thought that the writers of the Bible must have felt the same way?  I'm by no means comparing myself to them.  However, the principle seems to be the same.

The Bible contains 66 books, was written by 40 different authors over a period of 1,500 years, in 3 different languages, and on 3 different continents.  Yet, all of them share a common storyline:  creation, fall, redemption; and a common theme, God's universal love for all humanity. 

 Every Scripture is God-breathed--given by His inspiration--and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for training in righteousness [that is, in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose and action].  II Timothy 3:16 (Amplified)

 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power--making it active, operative, energizing and effective; it is sharper than any two-edged sward, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [that is, of the deepest parts of our nature] exposing and sifting an analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.   Hebrews 4:12 (Amplified)

One of the young women in our church has become friends with a well-known author and her family.  She had loved reading the author's books, but getting to know her personally has made the words and characters seem more real.

Do you ever re-read a favorite book?  Seeing things you missed the first time?

Isn't that just like God wanting us to know Him better?  Getting to know the Author of the Book?  We do that by reading what He said.  Every time I read the Word, I see something that I hadn't seen before, or see it in a new way.  It is truly alive.

When people ask me about writing, where I got the ideas for the stories, how I put the words together, I tell them it was truly a God-thing.  To actually sense the inspiration as the words appear on the screen without having gone through my mental processes is incredible. 

Reading my words may bless you.  But I can guarantee that if you read the Bible, God will bless you.

****
You can find my books at:  www.WestBowPress.com  www.Amazon.com www.BarnesandNobel.com

If you do buy Green Glass or To Fill A Home,  please be kind enough to leave a comment, a review and/or a rating.  (That helps to sell books!)  Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. I have read both Green Glass and To fill a home. I have enjoyed both books so very much. Pat Nelson Klud is a tremendous Arthur and I look forward to reading more of her books. Sue Gearheart, Annandale, VA

    ReplyDelete